Sunday 14 August 2011

LightBox project

For quite some time, I wanted to create a light box. I don't do much product-photography or in-home macro, so I have very little use for it in that sense. However, I do a lot of photography for my partner's nail company (http://zebra-nailart.blogspot.com) so I would like to have one, if only for that purpose.

Thus I began by getting a standard cardboard box, cutting off the flaps, and cutting windows into the left, right and top of the box using a Stanley knife.

After that, I took some standard oven-paper and crudely taped it (with clear cellophane tape) across all of the windows [except the top] for diffusion purposes:


Next, a standard desk lamp with a clear phillips E14 bulb pointed at the right side of the box with natural sunlight coming in from the left (it's best to use 3 lamps for perfect light dispersion but it was a quick experiment and I didn't have all the resources I needed)

A matte-black card, pushed into the box and curved (but not creased) and then, with my camera and tripod setup, I could begin to experiment



No comments:

Post a Comment