Sunday 14 August 2011

Walk about

We initially went out today to visit Empik for some new matte and diffusion materials for my Lightbox, as well as visiting sports stores for some new handle-bar grips for my partner's bike. However, the camera came with me in the hope of something interesting, since everything is always happening when I never have my camera with me. So in future, I plan to take my camera with me at all times (except during work).

In the old market (Stary Rynek) was a festival; plenty of food and beer! I saw this last year but wasn't sure it would be here again this year, alas it was but we didn't have time or money (or patience) to waddle through the crowd of thousands to get anything:






The smell of cooking food was quite mouth watering and, on a pretty hot day, the glasses of cold beer looked almost refreshing for my very dry throat. Luckily, Grycan was not so far away and a very delicious apple pie with cinnamon sauce, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream awaited, a long with an iced almond latte with whipped cream and caramel.



On a trip to Stary Browar to visit the second Empik, looking for paint for my partner, a low-flying plane heading for touch-down at Poznań Intl.  Just a quick snap for the value, but quite liked the exposure result ;)
               


Here is an art-piece entitled "Wavefunction" by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer. It's effectively a series of white chairs that seems to randomly move up and down in different patterns. It's centered in the new wing of Stary Browar, close to the next piece:


This is a Piano, quite obviously, situated on the chessboard at the new wing of Stary Browar. It's perpendicular to the eye-appeasing structural supports and directly under the CHOE-U-RAM - a metal sculpture resembling a cocoon, which periodically opens and closes itself.


The interior/exterior section that bridges the new-wing and old-wing of Stary Browar. Restauraunts, brewary sculptures, information about exhibitions and events, as well as some unique architecture can be found in this very small section.


This quite possibly, along with Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny, is the most dominating building in the Poznań city-scape. Very tall, very reflective, and quite frankly awesome. If I'm not mistaken, it's a hotel but I'm not 100% sure of that! Either way, it's very domineering and imposing, and quite out of place in an otherwise [typically] grey city.

So, my challenge from now on is to keep my camera with me at all times, and shoot shoot shoot at every opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment