Sunday 23 June 2013

Perigee (almost)

So the super moon is drawing near! I actually took these photos last night (the night before the full onset of the perigee moon) because the forecast for today was a bit cloudy and I didn't know if I'd get a chance to see it. I can see it now, just about obscured behind the trees. It looks fantastic but the clouds are drawing behind it, so by the time it's high enough for me to shoot, I'm not sure if it'll be visible!

(Click for a larger image)



This is actually the first time (that I remember) taking a photograph of the moon, so I had absolutely no idea what I was doing (hence the two images on the left). I'm quite happy with the final quality, though. This was taken (on a tripod) from my window with my 400D and my Tamron 55-200.

I look forward to seeing if I can get more images tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment